Recognizing and leveraging cultural differences at work
Globalization has rendered the business environment complex and even more competitive than before. The ability to function effectively in different cultural contexts, called Cultural Intelligence (CQ), has never been more important for organizations.
Employees who possess a high level of cultural intelligence play an important role in a multicultural workforce. They possess the ability to transfer knowledge between otherwise disparate groups, to build interpersonal connections and smooth the interpersonal processes in a multicultural work environment.
Culturally intelligent employees also possess the potential to drive innovation, thanks to their ability to make best use of the multiple perspectives that a multicultural workforce brings to the workplace.
Find out how our “developing intercultural competence” program will help you and your team improve your intercultural dexterity, the quality of your communication and relationships, drive innovation and influence in a multicultural context.
Our “developing intercultural competence” program aims at helping participants to develop, intercultural dexterity, a critical skill for understanding and dealing effectively with culture issues in business environment.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
2-14 participants on site
1-8 participants by visio
Participants should preferably have some work experience with, and exposure to, multicultural environments. In the event the course is conducted in English a Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750/B1+) for the course in English.
English or French
Certificate of course completion
The “developing intercultural competence” program is designed for any manager, engineer, or technician dealing with trading partners, suppliers and /or colleagues of other cultures.
At the end of our “developing intercultural competence” session, the participants will be able to:
• Identify the impact of cultural diversity on organizations and projects.
• Decode cultural differences (cultural inventory).
• Communicate and manage more effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Understanding the concept of culture
• Defining culture
• The impact of culture on the world of business
• The principles of intercultural communication and transactions
Diagnosing cultural differences in a professional context
• Become aware of your own cultural profile
• Become aware of your level of cultural Intelligence
• Identify national cultures and their impact on management styles
• Levers and pitfalls of cultural diversity
Be more effective in an intercultural context
• Techniques for adapting to, and managing differences
• Rules to be respected in intercultural communication
• Approach to working with multicultural teams
• Conflict management
• Develop synergies out our of differences