Techniques for successful cross-cultural presentations
Making successful presentations across cultures always requires anticipation and practice. Years of experience presenting to audiences in the US won’t prepare you to deliver a successful presentation in Germany. If you’re presenting the latest software design, to a culturally diverse audience for the first time, it will be vital that you customize your approach to make sure that your key messages are understood.
Develop the necessary skills, techniques and insights to make successful and memorable presentations for international audiences.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
Participants should preferably have some work experience with, and exposure to, multicultural environments. Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750 or B1+) for the course in English.
English or French.
Certificate of course completion
This presentation course is designed for anyone desiring to develop effective presentation techniques for a wide range of contexts to international and culturally diverse audiences.
At the end of the session the participants will be able to:
• Design their presentation to optimize its impact on their international audience.
• Techniques for adapting their style to their audiences.
• Identify “key” moments in their presentation to fully engage their audience.
• Keep their audience’s attentions and interest throughout their intervention.
• Conclude their presentation impactfully.
• Have on hand a method for creating successful presentations for international audiences.
Know your Audience: organizing and preparing your presentation for an International Audience
• Analyzing and understanding your audience and their expectations.
• Designing your opening and closing for impact and success.
• Structuring and organizing your arguments to support your opening and conclusion.
Know Yourself: understanding the effect of your own style and the perception of others
• Perception of other cultures regarding values and attitudes that impact presentations.
• Indirect and direct communication behavior and adapting your presentation style to the audience’s needs.
• Non verbal communication and body language.
Know how to prepare: anticipating and meeting the expectations of the audience
• International audiences – what do people from culturally diverse backgrounds expect in presentations?
• Presentation expectations of senior management.
• Structure and personal presentation style exercises with video feedback.
• Revision of the essential features and guidelines for successful presentations for international audiences.
Know how to present successfully: presentations for multi-cultural audiences and events
• Using English for international audiences and moderating speech.
• Designing your presentation mitigate hierarchy and power issues.
• Dealing with sensitive content.
• Closing with positive impact and Call to Action.
• Fielding questions.
• PAP: Reflection of your presentation style and areas to improve.