Working with Egyptians
A rich and complex business culture that requires good knowledge or values, customs and behaviour to make a success of your project
Understand Egyptian culture and adapt your behaviour to develop lasting relationships and succeed in your professional projects.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
2 – 14 participants
Participants should preferably have some work experience with, and exposure to, multicultural environments. Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750) for the course in English.
English or French
Certificate of course completion
This “Working with Egyptians” program is designed for any manager in charge of business development and planning on an international level dealing with Egyptian trading partners, suppliers and /or colleagues.
• Become aware of your cultural footprint and its similarities and discrepancies with Egyptian culture and values
• Understand the dynamics of culture in the behaviour of Egyptians and avoid misunderstandings related to cultural differences
• Find communication keys and tools to address Egyptian partners and work more easily with them
• Be able to conduct a meeting and negotiate with Egyptians
Before the seminar:
Each participant will carry out a personal cultural assessment with the online tool Country Navigator™. This tool will enable each participant to understand her/his personal values and cultural preferences and compare them to professionals of other nationalities.
During the seminar:
Our training is very participatory and experiential. Our approach includes alternating between theory and practice, simulations, and group activities. A variety of case studies and group interaction are programmed into this training course. Our objective is to engage learners mentally, emotionally and behaviorally, aligning them to the complexities and richness of intercultural exchanges with the Egyptians.
Some possible key topics
• Egyptian history and society
• Economy and business in Egypt
• Egyptian values and their dynamics in the workplace
• Communication with Egyptians in a professional context
• Meetings and presentations Egypt
• The art of negotiating in Egypt
• Gifts, dress code, taboos, business meals