Working with Chinese people
Understand and manage the impact of Chinese culture on your relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners.
Build relationships of trust with Chinese colleagues, employees, suppliers and clients.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
2 – 14 participants
Participants should preferably have some work experience with, and exposure to, multicultural environments. Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750) for the course in English.
English or French
Certificate of course completion
This “Working with Chinese people” program is designed for any manager in charge of business development and planning on an international level dealing with Chinese trading partners, suppliers and /or colleagues.
• Understand the foundations of Chinese culture through an overview of key historical events, demography, geography, society, geopolitics, and traditions.
• Understand the impact of Chinese cultural values on people’s behavior, communication and work style.
• Be able to adapt to Chinese professional mind-set more effectively, building stronger relationships with employees, suppliers, local and clients.
Before the seminar:
Each participant will carry out a personal cultural assessment with the online tool Country Navigator™. This tool will enable each participant to understand her/his personal values and cultural preferences and compare them to professionals of other nationalities.
During the seminar:
Our training is very participatory and experiential. Our approach includes alternating between theory and practice, simulations, and group activities. A variety of case studies and group interaction are programmed into this training course. Our objective is to engage learners mentally, emotionally and behaviorally, aligning them to the complexities and richness of intercultural exchanges with the Chinese.
Some possible key topics
• How do the Chinese perceive people from other cultural backgrounds and nationalities?
• How do you perceive the Chinese?
• Norms and values in professional life
• The Chinese mind-set
• Your culture and Chinese culture
• Communication with Chinese Business Partners
• Work Organization and Chinese Cultural preferences
• Virtual Work with the Chinese
• Adopting the appropriate negotiation style.
• Protocols and rituals : Chinese formalism (business meals, gifts, dress codes…).
This seminar has been conducted for the following companies:
ALSTOM, AREVA, General Electric, Lafarge/Holcim, EM Lyon Business School, le groupe Sanofi, Biomerieux, Mylan, Esker, Volvo Trucks