Working with the Israelis
Working in Israel and/or with Israelis from abroad is not without its surprises and cultural obstacles. Accelerate your success by knowing your Israelis partner’s culture.
Israel is famous for many things : climate, international cuisine, antiquity and the cradle of 2 major religions etc… Israel is also known throughout the world for Innovation. The country has a number of assets appealing to investors, including highly-skilled and multilingual workforce and a strong R&D sector with the highest concentration of engineers and doctors per capita in the world. Tel Aviv is ranked fifth in the world and the first outside the US in the rankings of the world’s best startup cities. The Israeli entrepreneurial spirit is known worldwide.
Understand Israelis culture and adapt your behaviour to develop lasting relationships and succeed in your professional projects.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
2 – 14 participants
Any professional that is doing or going to do business or live in Israel. Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750) for the course in English.
English or French
Certificate of course completion
This “Working with the Israelis” program is designed for any manager in charge of projects with Israelis customers, suppliers and /or colleagues.
• To become aware of one’s own culture and its similarities and differences with the culture and professional values of Israelis.
• Understand the dynamics of culture and the behavior of Israelis and avoid misunderstandings related to cultural differences
• Develop communication strategies to work more effectively with Israelis partners
• Be able to successfully conduct meetings, presentations and negotiations with Israelis professional partners.
Before the seminar “Working with the Israelis”:
Each participant will complete a cultural assessment using the online Meyer Personal Culture Profile™ tool. This tool will help them understand their own cultural values and preferences and compare them to a standardized Israeli professional profile.
During the seminar:
Our “Working with the Israelis” training is very participatory and experiential. Our approach alternates theory and practice, simulations and group activities. A variety of case studies and group interactions are programmed into this training. Our goal is to engage learners mentally, emotionally and behaviorally, by confronting them with the complexity and richness of intercultural exchanges with Israelis.
Some possible key topics:
• Key dates in Israelis history : a new country intertwined with a sense of ancestral heritage
• Description of Israelis multicultural society, and civic values
• Tension and coexistence between Secular and Ultra orthodox religious communities.
• Israeli Economy, business, entrepreneurship, innovation and its SMIs and Multinationals.
• Israeli management attitudes, behavior and Manager and subordinate relationships
• Complex layers of cultural and professional values and their dynamics at work
• Direct communication style with the Israelis at work: interpersonal, feedback process and written
• Meetings and presentations that work in Israel
• Negotiating style of Israelis
• Conflict resolution in Israel
• Building strong networks through ‘chutzpah’
• Developing trust and loyalty with the Israelis and the concept of “protexia” among customers, suppliers, and partners.