Working with Russians
Understand and manage the impact of Russian culture on your relationships with customers, suppliers, and partners.
Build relationships of trust with Russian colleagues, employees, suppliers and clients.
1 day – 7 hours, face to face or by video conferencing.
2 – 14 participants
Participants should preferably have some work experience with, and exposure to, multicultural environments. Proficiency level required (TOEIC 750) for the course in English.
English or French
Certificate of course completion
This “Working with Russians” program is designed for any manager in charge of business development and planning on an international level dealing with Russian trading partners, suppliers and /or colleagues.
• Understand the foundations of Russian culture through an overview of key historical events, demography, geography, societal development, geopolitics, and traditions.
• Understand the impact of Russian cultural values on people’s behavior, communication and work style.
• Be able to adapt to Russian professional mind-set more effectively, building stronger relationships with employees, suppliers, and clients.
Before the seminar:
Each participant will carry out a personal cultural assessment with the online tool Country Navigator™. This tool will enable each participant to understand her/his personal values and cultural preferences and compare them to professionals of other nationalities.
During the seminar:
Our training is very participatory and experiential. Our approach includes alternating between theory and practice, simulations, and group activities. A variety of case studies and group interaction are programmed into this training course. Our objective is to engage learners mentally, emotionally and behaviorally, aligning them to the complexities and richness of intercultural exchanges with Russians.
Some possible key topics
• How do the Russians perceive people from other cultural backgrounds and nationalities? How do you perceive the Russians?
• Russia’s position on the international political scene and the post soviet economy
• The role of the state in the Russian economy
• Communication with Russian Business Partners
• Virtual and personal meetings with Russians
• Participating in Business diners
• Adapting your working style and methods to the Russians
• Negotiating successfully in Russia:
• Russian negotiation tactics and attitude towards compromises
This seminar has been conducted for the following companies:
ALSTOM, AREVA, General Electric, EM Lyon Business School, le groupe Sanofi, Biomerieux, Volvo Trucks.